Welcome to Kristi Shanks Photography!
10 Things You Should Know About me:
1. I have been married to my husband Jason for 19 + years and we have 3 beautiful children.
2. I am not a huge fan of the cold weather in S.D. and dream of living where it is warm all year round.
3. I have a masters degree in Educational Leadership and teach ELL in Sioux Falls.
4. I have been a professional photographer for over 9 years.
5. I love to play with my kids, get messy, and laugh.
6. I only do 15 or less weddings a year in a photojournalist style, telling the story of their day.
7. I love taking pictures of newborns. I get my baby fix when I do.
8. You can usually find me at the park or a soccer/basketball game with a camera in hand.
9. I love chocolate!
10. I absolutely love being a photographer!
I feel that in order to be an amazing photographer I need to have a good balance of my Faith, my family, and my work. For these reasons, I do limit myself to the amount of photography I do. Photography is a way for me to capture moments in life so we can share them with the future generations.